Who doesn’t like cookies?! And this recipe makes the most delicious, soft and gooey cookies. They are just like the ones you buy from bakeries and now you can make them at home as they are super easy to make.
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g dark brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300g of whatever chocolate you want to put in Smarties, chocolate chunks, Rolos etc
- Preheat your oven to 170 C/Gas mark 3 and grease or line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the melted butter, dark brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix until all the ingredients come together. Don’t worry if its a soft, sticky mixture, it is meant to be like that.
- Stir in the chocolate of your choice.
- Take spoonfuls of the cookie dough and place on the baking tray, keeping them about 8cm apart as the cookie will spread as it cooks.
- Bake for 15 mins or until the edges of the cookies are lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and leave the cookies on the baking tray to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
So there you have it, 7 simple steps to the perfect cookie. Enjoy!! I’d love to know your favourite chocolate you add to cookies.